As of Tuesday evening, March 17th, the CDC has recommended that all routine eye care be deferred until further notice, in order to slow the transmission of COVID-19 through our community.
Please be assured that we are still available to triage all urgent and emergent calls during this challenging time.
We are officially closing our offices effective at 3:00pm today, March 20 th and tentatively plan to reopen on April 1 st . We are rescheduling all routine visits and are available by phone to triage ocular emergencies.
Our phone lines will be open:
Monday the 23 rd and 30 th : 10:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday-Friday (24 th -27 th and the 31 st ): 9:00am to 3:00pm
What does this mean?
1) If you are scheduled for an annual eye examination we will tentatively reschedule you starting April 1 st
2) If you are running out of a medication please contact us and we can transmit a refill electronically to your pharmacy.
3) If you have an issue which cannot wait for an office visit, contact us and we will schedule a Telephone appointment with one of our doctors. Medicare has temporarily relaxed its telehealth rules to allow this type of communication during the pandemic crisis. Other insurers may follow suit and allow for reimbursement of virtual care costs. The consultation must be initiated at your request.
4) If you have an ocular emergency we are, as always, available to help you at any time. Call 1-850-455-0120 andwait for instructions at the end of the message.
Dr. Leonard or Dr. Charbonneau will discuss your condition by phone and make the best treatment decision for you on a one on one basis.
5) Please remember that 80% of COVID-19 cases are mild and resolve within a week. However, if you feel your symptoms are worsening, call ahead before visiting your doctor’s office or emergency department and tell them you have or may have COVID-19. This will help the office protect themselves and other patients.
The CDC has many wonderful resources. Arming yourself and your family with clear information will help you avoid undue stress.
https://bit.ly/2WxWYIe and https://bit.ly/33FBlXZ
Together we will weather this storm.
With sincerest wishes for your continued good health we remain at your service,
Dr. Clare L Leonard
Dr. Mary Charbonneau